Get a Library Card
Getting a new Anderson Public Library card is easy, just follow the steps below!
Step 1: Open the APL Catalog and Click the “Sign Up” Button
You can complete this step at the Library, or on your home computer.
If you are in the library, you use any of the public computers as well as the card catalog computer stations to open the APL Catalog home page.
Step 2: Fill Out the Form and Click “Submit”
Your information will be sent to the Circulation Desk to be processed by an APL employee.
Step 3: Verify Your Info and Pick Up Your Library Card at the APL Circulation Desk
Come to the library circulation desk with:
- Your driver’s license or State-issued photo ID, and
- IF the address on your ID does not match your current address, bring a proof of address (a utility bill or other document or piece of mail that contains both your full name and current address)
An APL employee will give you your new library card, and you can begin using it right away!
You can check out 2 items at a time for the first week you have your card.
After the first week, you can check out up to:
- 50 books for adults (18 and over), 25 books for juveniles (under 18)
- 10 magazines
- 10 CD Audiobooks
- 5 Playaway Audiobooks
- 10 DVD’s (except New Releases) for adults
- 2 New Release DVD’s for adults