Anderson Public Library is seeking an Automated Services Specialist to join our team. Our mission: Inspiring Curiosity; Fueling Imagination; Building Community.
Description of Position
The Automated Services Specialist will be in charge of Information Technology and Integrated Library Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop and system hardware and software; troubleshoot hardware and software problems;
- Software includes library systems software (Biblionix Apollo, Envisionware) and administrative systems software, (Windows Server, Windows 10 OS, Symphonix, Microsoft 365, Gradience, Hostway Sitemail);
- Hardware includes Windows and Apple workstations and devices, HP printers, peripheral barcode scanning hardware, servers and networking equipment;
- Maintain network room equipment, including public Wi-Fi network;
- Provide technical assistance to library staff and customers, as appropriate; perform maintenance on all computers, hardware/software, and equipment;
- Oversee change control;
- Monitor daily Integrated Library System backup data;
- Administer, create, and maintain Integrated Library System staff accounts;
- Administer library e-mail accounts; create and maintain staff accounts;
- Maintain an inventory of library systems and supplies;
- Maintain and organize system documentation and technical manual;
- Assist patrons with media digitization equipment in the Memory Lab/MakerSpace;
- Possible other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of library-related technologies including computer hardware, software, networking, information storage and retrieval
- Knowledge of and experience with PC’s, Windows operating environment, and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge about Active Directory, VMWare ESX, Avaya Switches, Windows 10 and Checkpoint Firewalls preferred.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Has excellent customer service skills;
- Has excellent organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, maintain own schedule and manage time as tasks arise;
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities and work independently;
- Willing to work in a diverse environment; maintains a pleasant demeanor when dealing with a diverse group of library users and other library staff; able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other library staff;
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills;
- Willing to learn new technology and technology trends
Education: Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Education Substitute: High School Diploma with 4+ yrs. job related experience.
Salary: $20.00 per hour (full-time, 35 hours per week) with a generous benefits package including Health, Life, Vision, Dental, and Retirement.
Reports to: Library Director
Dress Code: Casual, jeans and sneakers allowed. Masks are required for employees in all shared spaces while Covid levels are high in the community.
Workspace: Required to be at work in person. Shared office with Digital Content Coordinator, new work PC and/or laptop, private space with large desk & divider.
Work environment: Casual, friendly, collaborative, with occasional challenges inherent in providing a public space.
The library is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Download and fill out the application below. Submit your completed application along with your resume and cover letter to Library Director Demaris Hill, by email at email@example.com, or by mail to:
- Anderson Public Library
- ATTN: Demaris Hill
- 114 N. Main St.
- Lawrenceburg, KY 40342