Provides direct supervision for Youth Services Assistants and Youth Services Associates, and provides general supervision for Teen Librarian.
The Youth and Family Services Manager is responsible for the overall administration of all phases of services for children and their caregivers. The Youth and Family Services Manager works under minimal supervision with a very high degree of independent judgment and action. The Youth and Family Services Manager responsibilities include the development, implementation, and management of programming, materials selection, and the day-to-day functioning of the department. The Youth and Family Services Manager serves as a member of the library’s administrative team and assists the Director with planning, policy development, and other tasks as required.
Per KRS 171.230-300, all full-time employees who provide information services to the public must be certified. Employees in this job classification are subject to this requirement and must achieve a minimum certification level of Paraprofessional. Newly hired or current employees in this classification who do not qualify for this minimum level are required to obtain temporary certification and will then have five years to obtain full certification in order to continue employment.
Job Specifications (Education, Training, and Experience)
- MLS/MLIS from an accredited library school or a Master’s Degree in a related discipline such as early childhood development, education, etc.
- Must be able to meet and maintain Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives (KDLA) certification requirements
- 3-5 years progressively more responsible library work experience including 1-3 years supervisory experience
- 1-3 years prior work experience with youth
- Proficiency with computers and common software programs
- job application
- cover letter
- at least three professional references
via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Youth and Family Services Manager Search” in the subject line.
Electronic submissions are required.
Application deadline is October 22, 2021.